Friday, July 9, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

A month and a half into my summer and I finally redid the the layout and designed a better header!  Please let me know if you like it or have any better suggestions.

Also, while I am pretty busy with real life and can't read quite as much as other book bloggers, I would very much like some ideas on what I could do on here between reviews.  I've browsed plenty of other blogs for ideas, but I really don't have the readership yet for contests (either to obtain things to give away or to have people to give them to!), and because of the limited scope of the books I review here, I can't really talk about my mailbox overflowing with non-existent ARCs or reiterating the same six or seven books coming out this year.

On a similar note, I can't be the only blogger who covers just one genre-- there has to be faery book blogs, werewolf book blogs, and about a million vampire book blogs.  If you have any favorites, please let me know-- it could lead to some quite interesting collaborations!

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought of reviewing Andre Norton's Witch World novels? The first one is very much a man's adventure story and yet I always enjoyed the heroine. If nothing else you could turn it into an examination of how Witch in the title leads to certain expectations and how they get met or not met.

    You could also, just for fun, take a look at some of the old Hollywood movies like I Married a Witch and Bell, Book, & Candle, or shows like Bewitched or Tabitha and see how the idea of witch has changed.

    Just some ideas from an old reader who really enjoys reading your reviews. You do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sure I'll get to everything that even squintingly has to do with witches at some point or another. But I have actually thought about doing brief essays about the genre and its tropes, and that's an excellent idea for one!

    And movies! There's an idea--doing movie and TV reviews would be a lot of fun, and it would take some of the pressure off when I'm back in school and can't read as much. I put a selection of "Witchy Flicks" in the Bookstore, but I admit I haven't watched most of them.

    Thanks for your comment, and for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics