Friday, July 23, 2010

Book Blogger Hop! Tres!

Book Blogger Hop Here I am again!  Unfortunately I already covered most of my news in my IMM!  So I figured now was a good time to join the other weekend blog meme I've seen around-- Parajunkee.com's Follow Friday.  So, hello everyone Hopping and Following!  Please poke around for a better idea of what I do.  Hopefully you'll see something you like!

Now, on to the Hop question:

TELL US ABOUT THE BOOK YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING!

Well, if my widget's anything to go by, I have four books going right now (oy!).  But I'll just talk about the one I'm focusing on: Manifest by Artist Arthur (great name!!).  Basically, misfit girl sees a ghost who wants her to help him solve his murder.  But soon after she's contacted by the ghost, she's contacted by two much stranger beings: a popular girl and and a punk guy who seem strangely interested in--and knowledgeable about--her M-shaped birthmark.  I'm really enjoying it, even just five chapters in-- I can totally relate to Krystal's social plight, since I was very much an outcast in eighth grade.  It's also the first book I've read for this blog that had an American lead of color (Magic or Madness had the half-Aborigine Reason, but I'm an American and "get" more about the American racial landscape--at least as much as I can as an upper-middle class white girl).  Also, it's the first book for this blog by an author of color, which really makes me think...

11 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Follow Friday and i am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am a new follower coming through the blog hop! I too read paranormal book, mostly ya books.

    Have a great weekend!

    http://www.bookswithbite.net

    Savy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm a new follower from Blog hop. I love your site and I love all things witchy. You have to read Of Witches and Warlocks Series. I'm also a twitter follower now.

    Come visit www.susankmann.co.uk and @susankmann

    Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog through Follow Friday. New follower! Have a great weekend!!

    Missy @ Missy's Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by on the hop. Your blog looks great! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    I´m stopping by from the blog hop!
    I´m already a follower!

    Have a great weekend!

    Chirstine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stopped by for the hop and am a new follower. I'm a newer blogger trying to get established and would love for you to check my blog out: http://kclapsadl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. stopping on the hop - following you now. Will come back to explore more fully. Hope you can come by my place:
    Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday! Stopping by from the blog hop...and a new follower.

    Love your page! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower from Follow Friday, I'm enjoying checking out your reviews. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello! I'm a delayed follower for follow friday! come say hello sometime http://readitorseeit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics